Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Gyno appointment debrief

Well I finally got to see the gyno this morning - after a month's wait to get an appointment. He did an internal examination and declared the cyst wasn't an issue, since he couldn't feel it as such. So, I have been given a three month prescription for Clomid to be started next time I bleed. If I don't have a natural cycle by the end of the month, I am to take Provera for a week which'll make me bleed, and then I can take the Clomid. I have a blood test to take on day 21 of my cycle to see where things are at as the dosage may need to be increased.

If after three months of taking Clomid I don't get pregnant, then my gyno said the next step may be taking a closer look at my one ovary to see what's going on. He explained Clomid kick-starts ovulation, that's all. It's not a magic pregnancy pill or anything. He didn't say it but the subtext was; it could just be that I have bad eggs. But I'm not going to go there for now. I will just focus on the Clomid cycles for the next three months. I am worried how I may be affected emotionally on it as I am the sort of person who is susceptible to drugs, even just a simple cold remedy pill can make me quite lightheaded! And I've been struggling the last few months emotionally as it is. Anyway, my gyno assured me that there are no emotional side-effects with Clomid - he pretty much said as an explanation that women were perhaps already anxious with their fertility issues before and while they took Clomid and that Clomid couldn't be blamed for their emotional state. A bit of a man's perspective, however I agree in some respects with that.

However while out on a playdate with a friend this afternoon, over icecream in a local gelato palour with our daughter's; she asked how I was on the (birth control) pill. Sure enough, I went nuts on it and only ever lasted a few months at a time on it. So who knows. I plan to do some cardio exercise while going through the Clomid cycles, so hopefully that'll helps things.

Basically I'm rapt! A bit nervous around pumping a drug into my body, but one hundred percent relieved to have a plan as such. I'm back in the game again!

All in all, I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted. The Clomid may work, or it may not. But at least I'm moving somewhere again with it all. And I'm reminded daily of something that came to be me from the God of my understanding the other day:
Trust in Me, And it'll all work out.

No comments: