Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Money, money, money!

I suppose it's quite nice to have a new crisis on hand - that been a financial one rather than SIF woes. A lot of my time and energy of late has gone into applying for work. I am looking at jobs that are somewhere between fifteen and twenty hours a week.

I resisted looking for work at first. It wasn't in my plan to be working much at this point. I wanted to wait til our daughter started school. But, it seems to be the way things are heading - that I work a bit more than I am now. God is indeed giving me a quiet nudge.

Our daughter starts morning Kindy late April so at least during the school term I won't have to have her "in care" too much outside of Kindy. With her ASD I think a nanny-type person would suit her best. She has been going through a phase of struggling at Kindy the last few weeks. But hopefully she will get a teachers aide next term which will take the load off myself and Kindy.

We had our daughter's fourth birthday party in the weekend. It went really well. It was a Wiggles theme and I was quite proud of the way everything came together. I hired a hall for $50NZ and it was more like half a hall - not too big. We set up a party table, had a face-painter, an activities table, a story corner, a present table, food and drink areas for the parents and a dance-floor. It went for two hours and the kids had their faces painted, coloured in Wiggles pictures, sat down and had party food and cake, danced for a bit to the Wiggles, made a feathersword and then sat down for some stories at the end. The parents were impressed and I was quite pleased too that it all flowed so well - though admittedly I was a little strung out to enjoy it properly.

Although there are some jobs out there I am interested in, I feel like I am once again letting go of my baby number two dreams - on another level. My daughter will start morning Kindy soon - which I'm already kinda sad about - and then I will be in a "real" job in the near future - not just my Sunday job. My life feels like it's going down quite a different path to the one I had hoped.

Still, I am following God's lead here and I know it's all for the best. We have an Information Meeting coming up for prospective adoptive parents. It's on Tuesday 7th April and goes for three hours. It covers the application process, legal matters, open adoption and a question and answer session. I am looking forward to it.

I'm pretty tired these days. A lot of emotional stuff has been going on with the financial worries and ASD concerns with my daughter. I haven't been sleeping so well some nights. But I'm still going to the gym, and trying to just take it all One Day At A Time. Once again I don't understand my path yet I feel I am facing my reality - all of it - and dealing with things the best I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The party sounds great! I am glad it was fun!! Sorry about the rest of the stuff you are dealing w/....though it sounds like you are dealing w/ it w/ a very good attitude. I know what you mean about going down another path you had not planned. I still cant quite....tolerate that in a matter of seconds (it feels like) I went from conceiving in the blink of an eye...giving birth....and them ooohps....thats it- youre all done and over the hill. WHAT???? it makes me sad! well...not to talk about myself on your blog.....talk to you soon.
Nancy a