Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy to be home!

My daughter and I returned to Nelson this afternoon after a week in Auckland catching up with my Dad and his (second) family. It was good, but full-on. My sister and niece were there for a while too so for a few days we had four children under quite a small roof - two six year olds, a four year old and my daughter (who is two months off four today).

The four of them were quite the handful altogether. The two six year olds had several girlie tiffs that often resulted in tears and then my daughter and the four year old fought a lot too. Add my daughters ASD and some behavioural issues with two of the other kids to the mix and let's just say I spent a lot of time mediating and separating children.

Still, it was a fun week away. We went on a few group outings to the zoo, the pool, a historical village and went out for dinner, to cafes, and to the local playground.

It was another great SIF escape. I have realised how much I have moved on from the whole SIF deal as I felt like I was in a good space while away. I have been living One Day At A Time and just cherishing those around me. I logged on to Dailystrength today and although it was good to catch up with a few journals there; I do feel that perhaps it's not so good for me to log on frequently. When I don't log on my thoughts are on the present and the life I've been attempting to resurrect since I removed myself from the SIF game. I've felt a lot better since moving on yet I feel dragged back into my own SIF issues whenever I log on to Dailystrength.

I'm not sure what my point is - just that I am actually happy with my life as it is today. I don't want to focus on what isn't anymore. 2009 will be an interesting year around our adoption plans. And with AF returning (I've just had my second cycle since a six month drought) who knows what's in store on the TTC front. I'm not going to make TTC my focus no matter what's ahead. By that I mean TTC will no longer be my priority. I have to kind of think if it happens it happens (naturally) at this point. Same with adoption: if it's meant to be; it will.

After being on holiday for a month I just want to get back into my routine of the gym, painting, the school term (as of next week) and just being. I/we (as in our wee family) lead a pretty simple life all in all. It was a hectic week up North and I'm just glad to be back home. 2009 feels like a year to be enjoyed - the opposite to 2008 which in many ways was a year to be endured.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to have you back!

Anonymous said...

(its nancy a.)