Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year!

We've (as in our little family) have just got home after a two and a half week holiday at my Mum's holiday home by the beach. It was a great break and a holiday in a true sense of the word. It was for me, at least. I lived in the moment and played in the moment every single day. I truly did leave my troubles at home. SIF cropped up here and there but not in an overwhelming way at all. Mind you, I had a MOT-free and bump-free holiday too. No babies or sets of siblings to deal with. It was the perfect SIF escape.

My daughter had a blast with her cousin, Aunty and Nana too. On Tuesday my daughter and I are flying to Auckland for a week to catch up with my Dad and his (second) family. So it is nice to be home for a couple of days between holidays.

Our mail was of course collected for us while away. Including a letter from my gyno:

18th December 2008

Dear Lynda,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, but I have been overseas. I spoke with Dr Xxxxx Xxxx before I left regarding your elevated FSH and LH levels, which were done in July. I note these have just been repeated and they are now much closer to normal levels, suggesting there might well be some ovarian reserve. I am not sure if you are having periods.

Given the complicated nature of your secondary infertility, I wonder whether you would like to go and talk to Dr Xxxxx Xxxx, the Director of Xxxxxxx - the Infertility Clinic in Christchurch. Xxxxx comes up here every 6 - 8 weeks and would be able to discuss further treatment options, which might be guided by a new blood test known as anti-Mullerian hormone. Please give me a call if you would like to see Xxxxx and I can arrange an appointment.

Kind regards,
Yours sincerely
Xxxx Xxxx

I don't really know what I think about the above letter right now. My daughter has a 24 hour bug of some sort at the moment so my focus is quite naturally on her. I guess part of me is thinking it wouldn't hurt to contact this recommended Dr while another part is thinking I so don't want to be taking Clomid or whatever drug the medical world might like me to try. I got a period, I believe from my prescribed herbal treatments. I'm day 30 on my current cycle so it'll be interesting to see if I get another period - and when. In many ways I'd rather just continue down this path - letting nature sort itself out. I will sleep on it. Think about it for a few days. And talk to God about it. With the promise of adoption plans for 2009, I no longer feel so desperate to jump back on the SIF roundabout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi lynda-very nice to hear from you! didnt think you'd be back until the 2oth! i think its a great letter from your Dr---but understand you need time to process it and see what you want to do.glad you had a great trip!
XX
nancy a.