Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I've had a pretty good day today. Very Christmassy - delivering little bags of goodies compiled of Christmas mince pies and Lebkuchen (German cookies) to my daughter's friends. We ended up having an impromptu lunch with one of my MOT friends. Her seven/eight month old was asleep the whole time so it was nice to just chat over a cuppa while our three years old played. She shared a bit about how difficult it is to have two children and I was able to hear it. It helps I suppose to have a couple of MOT friends I'm in regular contact with as I get to see the reality of what life is like parenting two young children. I certainly don't think it is all a bed of roses.

I read a few journals on Dailystrength last night written by infertiles - as in women who don't have any children. And even sadder - women who have miscarried and have never carried to term - and still have no children. I really felt for them. Because I have been given the gift of parenthood. I have been able to rejoice in Christmas this year with my daughter. It has been so lovely starting a simple Christmas tradition with her of baking homemade Christmas goodies and then handing them out to her friends.

I am about to have a cup of tea and a home-made Christmas mince pie. This will be my last post for a while. I'll be away for a month. I will have access to the internet while away but it's dial-up (too slow for me) and I think a break from blogging and thinking about SIF wouldn't hurt.

But I'll be back round 20 Jan 2009. Have a wonderful Christmas and see you in cyberspace next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll miss you!!! you are going to be gone so long!!!
have fun!
nancy a