Thursday, December 4, 2008

Other stuff to focus on

It has been refreshing having some things to focus on outside of SIF. It feels as though things are starting to swing into balance again. For so long I felt consumed by SIF. It was like I had my infertility blinkers on a lot of the time. These days SIF is more in the background than the foreground. My world is widening up again. It became quite small for a while as I battled with SIF.

I have been busy painting for a stall I'm holding with a few other friends at the end of the month. I'd never really painted until a few weeks ago so there has been a lot of experimentation going on. But I'm getting there. It has been nice having an evening hobby- sitting down and painting rather than blobbing in front of the tv or spending time on line.

I've had several dental and peridontal appointments the last few weeks. My mouth is pretty sore right now - very tender still from the molar (two) extractions last week and then an intensive scaling session on Monday. (ouch - not fun.) It is actually nice to be focusing on a health issue quite contrary to infertility/menopause.

I was thinking yesterday, when I was a bit of a grump, that it was nice to feel shitty about small things for a change such as my printer not working, and a wee prang I caused on the back of our car (okay not so wee!). It was a three-point turn accident, in case you're wondering - in a very narrow driveway (not ours). I actually laughed to myself yesterday (on the inside) as I felt "normal" again. For so long I was so down about SIF as it was all I could see. So it's been nice just living day to day and taking it all as it comes.

No comments: