Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Crazy busy

I seem to be flat-out at the moment. So much so, there wasn't even time to blog yesterday! I am thinking I may not be able to always blog daily at this point. But as regularly as possible. I feel a bit thrown off on the days I don't blog as it has been my way of purging and keeping myself on track for almost a year.

I went to another ASD Support group meeting for my daughter yesterday. There were two other Mums there with ASD kids slightly older than mine (but they weren't at the cafe - they were in Kindy and School). I'm going to sign as up with Austism New Zealand as there are quite a few workshops on etc to help you with your child and to put you in touch with other families in the same boat. Connecting with these women yesterday was kind of like connecting with women with SIF - you just "get it" and don't have to go into too much detail about what it means etc etc to be in a situation.

Today a good MOO friend and I took our daughters to a cafe after their gymnastics class. A former SI appeared with her four month old baby and her husband (her daughter was in preschool). She is the SI I mentioned a while back who didn't want to share how she conceived her second child after divulging quite a bit around how her first child was conceived after several years of infertility. I didn't feel so resentful around her today and was able to lightly comment to the father how much their baby boy looked like him.

There was a coffee group of Mums today of one year olds or thereabouts. At one stage we had one hovering around our girls so we had two three year olds and a one year holding hands for a bit. It was veeeeeery cute. I could talk about how gorgeous I thought the one year olds were today without feeling too much pain. Usually I can't go there - I have to put my guard up and almost ignore children younger than my daughter for fear of my grief surging up. But it didn't happen today.

These Mums only had one child so perhaps that made it easier to bear. It is the MOTS (mothers of two) and particularly MOTHs-to-be (mothers of three to be) that I find the hardest to be around.

I suppose it has been good for me having some goals lately outside of motherhood. I have my job interview for the transcribing from home position tomorrow and have made myself a time-line to get my artwork done for our stall in just over a months time. I am having trouble squeezing in the gym right now so just go when I can. Thankfully tonight I can go - am off to do a Bodycombat class which I'm looking forward to.

No comments: