Saturday, November 1, 2008

I can't keep up! (with my life)

I can't keep up with my life right now. It's a great feeling after months of living in a place that felt so stagnant and so very stall. Last night I went out for Halloween to a members (and friends and family of) party my gym was holding. Four of us went along dressed us 3 x vampires and 1 Freddy Kruger! It was such a fun night. I was the sober driver but had a ball getting dressed up as a vampire. I wore a black sequinned above-the-knee dress with a red floor-length cape, black fishnet stockings, high-heeled black and white shoes (from the local second-hand store) and a firey red shoulder length wig (that I hired from a Costume Hire place). One my friends helped with my makeup and the overall effect was awesome. Most people didn't recognise me at the gym! After the gym party we went to another Halloween party which was pretty mellow then cruised into town for a bit. I was home around midnight but left the others to it.

Today I had a stall-holders meeting with the other three women I am teaming up with late December at a local annual market. We did the "show-and-tell" thing and between the four of us I have to say I think we will have a pretty awesome stall. We set individual goals too. So I have twenty paintings/sketches to do by the end of December. It's so nice having a creative goal to put my energy into.

I didn't even have time to blog yesterday. It feels good to be in a space where purging myself of unfavourable emotions isn't a priority or even a necessity right now. I'm doing well. Truly living God's Will, I believe. This means I'm actually able to Let Go and Let God and just enjoy my life. I feel like I am finally living again.

No comments: