Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The quiet after the storm

We're a week away from the official start of Summer; yet we've had some pretty wild weather lately. It's rained a lot over the last three or so days - and yesterday it was quite stormy on top of that. Today the weather is a lot more settled yet the turbulent weather hasn't been forgotten.

I have been thinking how SIF was a big storm in my life for what felt like a very long time. I would have serene patches when I felt on top of things, but for the most part the storms of my heart prevailed.

I now feel like I'm facing the quiet after the storm. The turbulent emotions are under control and I can see blue skies ahead. Yet I'm still cleaning up the mess in many ways that this SIF storm made in my life.

If it wasn't for the stormy weather; then the days of sunshine wouldn't feel so wonderful. That is how it is for the emotional storms I go through every now and then. Wild weather is just something that needs to happen every now and again in nature. Often it makes no sense to us as humans.

I know SIF was a storm that came my way to shake up things emotionally. It never made sense to me at the time and still doesn't in many ways. But now I have the opportunity to regroup and start rebuilding myself from the inside out again.

No comments: