Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Back from holiday

Turns out going away for a week was a good thing. It was refreshing to have a change of scene and to just be in holiday-mode. Although I didn't really over-indulge, I allowed myself a few drinks and desserts over the course of the week. I have been quite strict on myself over the last few months diet-wise and to tell you the truth; that gets a bit boring! Sometimes I do wonder if I've gone too far denying myself the fun stuff. But then at the same time, I not only lost weight from removing sugar from my daily diet, I also have felt physically the best I've felt for a long time. I do have the odd drink or dessert - but very infrequently. During a year of emotional high and lows, I think it's probably a good thing.

I did a spot of shopping and just enjoyed traveling around the top of the North Island and just zoning out in the car. Going to new places and having a different routine is certainly good for the soul.

But when I came back home it all came flooding back - this "thing" I have hovering over me. It didn't have to be be part of my life for a week - my infertility stuff. But on my home turf, suddenly the fact I haven't had a period for over three months has become important again. I am simply not ovulating right now and the fact I can't control that is hard to accept sometimes.

However I learnt a thing or too on our trip from the people we caught up with along the way. I have some amazing friends who are truly inspiring, living pretty fabulous lives. And so for 2008 I want to reclaim some of my Lynda dreams as I have recognised over the past year I have had several areas of my life on hold, just in case I might fall pregnant. I'm going to put some things in place for the next year that will make it fun, that allow me to indulge in my creative side even more and will give me some attainable goals. I guess I realise I need some direction in my life personally as my daughter enters Kindy next year and my time gradually becomes mine again. I kind of knew all this already but a trip away has certainly affirmed it for me.

No comments: