Friday, December 14, 2007

Today I fired my herbalist

Around April this year I signed up with a local herbalist. I'd hoped all the pills and potions might somehow move mountains for me fertility-wise. But they didn't. And so I phoned her up today and cancelled my appointment for next week. She understood my reasons why - partly financial (it ain't cheap going the herbal way) and partly from a logical perspective; the herbs just aren't cutting it.

My herbalist was great and acknowledged that medical attention is obviously needed. I have my ultra-sound on Tuesday which will be interesting. Whether anything is revealed as a result of that; I've no idea. After that I want to start the search for a new doctor who is clued up on fertility/womens issue. At the moment I feel like I'm having to guess what I should do next at each stage without much medical guidance and it's downright scarey. My current Dr just doesn't seem to "get" what I'm trying to achieve, neither does she provide the support I feel I really need. Obviously I'm not going to fall pregnant over night and I really do need the medical support over time as things are worked out. (hopefully).

I mentioned to my herbalist that I'd like to start a support group and she thought that was a great idea. She treats many infertile women and agreed there wasn't anywhere to go for emotional support here in Nelson and there are undoubtedly a few candidates around. I have a venue in mind so will check in with them next week to see if they'll support the idea. Personally I'm sick of feeling alone and somewhat isolated with this undesirable condition. I haven't yet met anyone on the Net going through this even though I've visited several blogs focused on the same thing. To meet other women in real life going through similar stuff would help me considerably, I believe.

No comments: