Saturday, December 22, 2007

Worried

It's both a blessing and a curse having access to information about anything and everything 24/7 on the internet. I have been doing some "research" about ovarian cysts which has simultaneously comforted, confused, worried and reassured me - if that's possible!

I am concerned, as according to my symptoms - especially the swelling of the abdominals and spotting of late, it does indicate something's not right. I know because of my history (my ovary being removed when my daughter was delivered via emergency c-section), I am quite nervous about undetected or undiagnosed medical problems. I had severe pain for three weeks before my daughters birth that had medical staff stumped here in Nelson. Even though I was vomiting green bile, and I had an ultrasound scan - the problem was never picked up. And no-one knows exactly how things came to be - did the cyst in there cause torsion of my ovary? And did the weight of my daughter in late pregnancy have an impact? It remains a mystery and was put down to "bad luck".

Even though my Dr said we could still try for a baby with the cyst in there, I don't feel comfortable about that at all at this point. I've read that ruptures can happen and I really don't want to aggravate the cyst. I'm not ovulating anyway right now. If my cycles were regular and I didn't have the swollen abs, perhaps I wouldn't be worried about the cyst. I always had a gut feeling that the pain wasn't connected with my pregnancy last time despite "theories" from medical staff. And I really do think there is a connection between the cyst and my lack of periods right now and hope that this is confirmed asap.

It's recommended I seek help if vomiting and/or severe abdominal pain occurs which worries me as obviously that's when it's considered a medical emergency and by then the worst case scenario may have happened. (basically a repeat of the above).

Once again I have to just trust that things are unfolding as they are meant to - even if it is a worrisome and slow painful process.

No comments: