Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Power of Positive Thinking

I started reading The Secret again last night. Mainly because I am in-between books and it is an easy read. Also I know I have been in a state of negative thinking around my fertility for the last couple of months. Whenever I have one of my long cycles; I panic that my periods may have stopped forever.

I'm still skeptical as to whether I can effectively alter my undiagnosed hormonal imbalance, as I'm pretty sure it is a medical problem. However, I have always believed in the mind-body connection so if there is a small chance that the law of attraction can assist with fertility, then I'm in!

When I first read The Secret earlier this year I was temporarily uplifted. It was a relief to let go of my fears around my fertility for a while. I actually had two "normal" 28 dayish cycles too and one in which I was clearly ovulating. Then along came this three month plus cycle and I lost the faith.

So today I feel optimistic. Today I feel it is possible for me to conceive again. I just have to let go of the logistics as to how it might happen and just trust that it will.

No comments: