Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Appointment with "healer lady"

I liked the sound of the "healer lady" (recommended to me by a friend) on the phone yesterday so I have made an appointment for next week. I didn't tell her why I was coming - just asked what she did. She claims to have a gift for being able to pick up people's problem areas and her approach is a combination of talking/hands-on therapy. She is an ex-nurse and sounded genuine to me. This is exactly what kind of help I feel I need right now. I will give her a go.

I left my daughter by herself at Kindy yesterday - just for twenty minutes while I went up the road to the pharmacy. I knew yesterday was the day I was ready to leave her! Dressed in her matching pink heart raincoat and gumboots with her new Kindy bag on her back, she looked like a real Kindy kid as she trotted happily down the road slightly ahead of me. I knew she was ready for the next step and it was time to give her her independence.

She was fully engaged at the arts table with a whole lot of her peers and a Kindy teacher and was absolutely fine when I left. I came back and I was like a spare part, really. She's slotting in really well to Kindy and it was so cute seeing her sitting down at a table and having afternoon tea with all the other kids. I'm planning to leave her for an hour or so today. I'm really pleased she's enjoying it and just have to let go not so much around leaving her but around the social stuff. If something happens there are three very capable teachers around to deal with it. I trust them - they are great teachers and the Kindy has an overall very warm and loving vibe.

I went down to the pharmacy to pick up some more Provera while my daughter was at Kindy only to discover I didn't have a script afterall- just a receipt. I walked down to my Dr's (just a few doors down) and asked for another script and the receptionist charged me $12. I thought I am paying $12 to have a period!! What have things come to?!

I feel as though I have had so many balls in the air for so long but now I'm beginning to sort them out. It's a slow process, but I am making progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the healer sounds really good--- I am anxiuos to hear what she says....when is your appointment?
last sept. i dropped my ds off at preschool for the first time ever....it was quite a feeling! (my little baby----where did he go?)
nancy
311