Saturday, August 23, 2008

I have been through a lot

This'll be a short post for me - I know, that doesn't happen much! ;). I missed the window for blogging this morning and feel out of sync tuning in in the evening. But I thought I would, all the same. All I have to say really is that I have been able to look at my situation objectively lately and think that yes, I have been through a lot lately. I am continuing to be as kind to myself as possible as it is early days still around receiving this new information (my half-diagnosis of premature menopause and my daughter's diagnosis of ASD).

I have had a day of pampering today. Next Friday is my Girls Night Out for my 40th so I had a hair-cut and colour. Then I spent around two hours trying on clothes in town. I came out with a dress that I am wearing to my 40th brunch the next day. I didn't like a lot of the clothes in store right now so have just had a try-on session with some of the clothes I already have. I have some fun tops so will probably just go with those teemed with black pants and boots. I'm being a practical Virgo here - not buying things I don't really need or don't even like that much.

Julia Indichova's books that I ordered from Amazon at the beginning of the month arrived yesterday in the post. I will look forward to starting Inconceivable tonight! AF hasn't arrived, however. It's been a couple of days post-Provera so I hope she's packed her bags and is on her way as I am waiting rather anxiously for her!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oooooo! I'm so glad you have Julia's books now! I'm planning on rereading them both while we wait to do our next IVF cycle.