Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Loving the extra "me" time!

My daughter is doing so well at Kindy and I'm so proud of her. I feel confident that I will be able to leave her for pretty much for the full session on Thursday. She is blossoming already and is forming relationships with the teachers and playing with the other Kindy kids well.

I left my daughter at Kindy for an hour yesterday and went to a local cafe. I ordered a cup of herbal tea and a chocolate brownie and did some brainstorming around a radio script competition I'm planning to enter next month. It was pure bliss. I love hanging out in cafes alone in the middle of the day when most of the world is out there buzzing around. It feels like such a treat and I relished it yesterday!

I feel as though I am being rewarded for three and a half years of being a stay-at-home Mum and two years of TTC/infertility wars. It is only two hours, three times a week that my daughter goes to Kindy - and a little less than that when you include dropping off and picking up times. But it's time for me to do whatever the hell I want! I'm thinking I might do my weights on a Monday arvo now - instead of at night. Tuesdays I might make my cafe outing for the week. And Thursdays - perhaps back to the gym for more weights or else - whatever I feel like doing on the day!

I have been asked several times what I'll do with the extra time, especially when people have found out I am a MOO. One MOT at the Stress Free Parenting course I did the last three Mondays expressed a wee bit of jealousy when I said I might just go to a cafe alone. Well, if this is one of my consolation prizes for not being a MOT right now; then I'll take it!

I'm just going to focus on doing things that make me happy/keep me sane. I might go to the gym a bit more. It's all for stress management that I work-out - I am not worried about fat-burning for instance. If anything I've been trying to put on a wee bit of weight over the last few months, esp. post-op. So I think I'm going to the gym for the right reasons. I feel so good during my work-outs and afterwards - it is so wonder I keep wanting to go back. Also from what I've read about hormonal imbalances; daily exercise is encouraged.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You go girl! Enjoy your "me time". And yes, exercise is great for keeping a positive attitude (I miss my exercise endorphins!) as well as keeping your body strong. As soon as I see the heartbeat in an ultrasound, I get to get back to my elliptical machine. I also don't do it to look good or be thin. It makes me feel good!