Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Healer lady" debrief

I had my appointment with the "natural healing therapist/vibrational healer" (click on each respective description for more info) yesterday. As soon as I walked into her room I could feel the good vibes. She is a striking woman in perhaps her late forties/early fifties with blonde hair and electric blue eyes. And very warm and loving.

Anyway she got me to sit down in a chair for a few minutes. The first thing she picked up was that I was feeling very "stuck" and that I was on the brink of tears all the time and that I was suffering from high anxiety. She was spot-on with this and of course my eyes welled up with tears as she described exactly how I feel emotionally right now. I then explained where I was at: secondary infertility/premature menopause. She said she had treated thousands of people and was confident she could help me too. She claimed to have helped women conceive who hadn't been successful on IVF.

Next I lay on a bed on my back with my eyes closed for perhaps twenty minutes. She told me to relax and said I had trouble relaxing at this point. I'm not sure what she was doing, but every now and then I would feel a hand on a part of my body. You are fully clothed during all this, so it is very different to having a massage, for instance. I told her afterwards I felt blasts of cold air and thought it was because the window was open. Well the window was only slightly open and she claimed the blasts of cold air that felt as though they were coming out of my body were just part of the healing process. A very wierd sensation - especially from my right ankle which is connected to reproduction, she said.

She asked me to turn over on to my stomach for a bit - perhaps another five, ten minutes. She is essentially clarivoyant but not in a "you are going to have two kids and live in a blue house" kind of a way. She basically picks up what is relevant to the healing at the time. So with me she picked up on lots of little physical elements that came out quite randomly such as: I was exhausted and either had energy or didn't - and when I didn't I crashed, I have a lot of tension in my back and shoulders, I have a dry mouth - caused by medication, sometimes I have slurred speech and memory blanks, my back is out and my endocrine system is all over the place right now.

She was spot-on with everything. I do have a dry mouth as a result of taking Provera right now which makes me excessively thirsty. I know most parents are tired but I've been exhausted as she said - last night for instance I was falling asleep in front of the tv at 9.15pm. These declines in energy happen very rapidly as she described - I got back from the gym at eight feeling pretty good then within an hour was ready for bed! I have always carried tension in my back and shoulders but right now I certainly feel a lot more tense than usual. And when I am highly stressed, my speech/memory can be affected which has been happening a little bit lately.

She asked me to come back next Tuesday which happens to be my 40th birthday. I'm happy to go back as I do trust her. She's not the first professional throughout my SIF journey to claim she could help me. A herbalist, an acupuncturist, Drs and my gyno have all been optimistic. Yet, this woman is the first women I believe could really help me. I don't know why as I don't understand much at all about vibrational healing. With all the other professionals, I felt as though they were missing something yet I feel on some level that this woman has found the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle. Perhaps I am just really desperate - I don't know who else to turn to at this point. But I have nothing to lose do I.

She said I'll get a period next week - which I will because I have two more days on Provera. That one will be a clean-out then she seemed to think after that my periods may come back. That will be interesting, to see if that happens. She said I shouldn't go on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and to shop around for alternatives.

When I left she gave me a warm hug and said again she was sure she could help me. The thing is, I was going in with my hormonal imbalance at the fore-front; not another baby. Yet I left feeling like that had turned around again. That somehow this is all connected to having another baby. I haven't magically healed as a result of my first session with her. She said I may in fact feel worse as part of the healing process. I'm looking forward to going back next week as that appointment is going to concide with getting back my blood test results back so it's going to be nice to have someone "on side" as such when I get the medical perspective.

No comments: