Saturday, August 16, 2008

Exercise is my saviour right now

The mood swings I've been experiencing for months are such a challenge to live with. It seems I can fall to a plummeting low even when I was feeling okay minutes/hours before. It is disconcerting that I don't have complete control over my emotional state right now.

I look at my life and see all the great things in it and think I could/should be happy but sometimes I'm not. That both upsets and worries me. It seems exercise is the only thing that can shift these moods. I was feeling like this yesterday afternoon then went and did a Bodyjam class last night and felt a whole heap better. The intro part of the class (a half hour session that breaks down all of the dance moves) wasn't on as the instructor was away so I went and did some weights. I felt heaps better doing that, even. It seems so long as I am moving my body physically in some fashion - be it walking, yoga/pilates, weights, or a cardio work-out; I feel much better.

There is no denying that my menopausal symptoms are increasing. I have hot flushes/flashes several times a day now and night sweats several times a night. I'm pretty sure being on Provera right now is only aggravating my mood swings/depression.

Sigh. I so look forward to this all getting sorted out. I just told my husband I think I'm going to have to go to the gym just about every day right now in an attempt to manage my mood swings. It is just awful feeling flat/depressed for what feels like no reason. I'm not consumed around the whole TTC deal anymore so it's not about that. I guess I've accepted things are where they are at and the most important thing of all is getting me sorted out.

2 comments:

Heather said...

So sorry about how you're feeling, but yes, exercise endorphins are a beautiful thing. I miss them, as I'm not allowed to exercise or do lots of other fun things until we see a heartbeat. I'm still hoping that'll happen this week, or at least we'll know so we can move forward and try IVF again. As soon as they clear me either way, I'm back on the elliptical machine again!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah....you have to get relief from all those symptoms!
nancy
311

i am going to sart signing nancy a instead of nancy 311, ok???