Thursday, March 20, 2008

18 months of TTC

Today our daughter turned three! I can't believe we have a three year old! She seems so very grown-up. Like walking down the road yesterday and holding hands with her cousin to get an icecream at the dairy. She's had an excellent day with her cousin going out for lunch and playing in the local wave pool. I'm very much the proud Mummy and am enjoying planning her wee birthday party for Saturday morning. There will be five little people all up including her which will be loads of fun.

We started TTC again when our daughter was eighteen months old so that means half her life has been about - well, this. When in Wellington recently a friend commented that it wasn't that long - a year and a half of trying for a baby. It is and it isn't. It is when time isn't on your side with age and the probable onset of perimenopause. But the in grand scheme of things, it's a small slice of time.

Regardless of how long this goes on for, IF is a condition that definitely affects the mind, body and soul and it has taken me all my strength to get to a good place with it all. I truly feel like I'm there today. Back to living life in the moment. Perhaps eighteen months of TTC is my milestone for turning it all around.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I feel for you. My DD is seven years old now and we've been trying since right after she was born. We're on a second run with the IF doctor and I'm really hopeful this time. My first IUI of this round is today.

Lots of luck and I hope you don't have to wait much longer