Saturday, March 1, 2008

Clomid a go go

Well the Provera worked! Yes, I am in the midst of my first proper menstrual cycle in a very long time. I have to say, I certainly feel like I've got my period. My skin is normally great and I got a spot a couple of days ago. I know that sounds pathetic but it's been a good sign for me that all is on track as when I had regular cycles, I used to get just the one zit. I continue to feel bloated and just grotty in general. I even climbed into my trackie pants on Friday night - just like the good old TOM days!

So I started Clomid today, being day two of my cycle. I'm taking it daily for the next five days. So far so good - it's 6.30pm and I took the first pill at 8.30am. I am extremely exhausted though but that is just a consequence of a busy week, I'd say.

My daughter and I are off to Wellington first thing in the morning. It's only a half-hour flight so no biggie and a good distance to travel with an antsy almost-three year old. Wellington is my home-town so has a very special place in my heart. I'm looking forward to catching up with my Mum and her partner (who we're staying with) and several friends in the capital city. My husband comes up at the end of the week on the Friday night for the weekend - we're going to friend no.2's wedding on Saturday and then flying home together on Sunday.

I have to say I've been feeling a bit of MOTO (Mum-of-two-overload) lately. So much so that when I had my toe x-ray on Friday morning and my daughter hinted she'd like to feed the ducks across the road I decided to go for that option rather than rushing to Music. It is the first time in all of this that I have strongly felt like not being around MOTs. I have friends that go to Music and a couple who are MOTs yet I was on MOT-strike on Friday! And I ended up having a lovely time with my daughter. We went to a cafe and just chilled out for a bit. We then went shopping and then she had a dental appointment.

I think I've done pretty well maintaining my daughter's groups that are littered with MOTs so I certainly am going to forgive myself for acknowledging my MOTO and giving myself a wee time-out. It's not like she had a bad time either - we both enjoyed the change in routine.

For the second time this week I got asked You're not pregnant, are you? when I got my toe x-rayed. I knew it was coming this time of course. And today when I got my hair cut and coloured my blonde twenty-something hairdresser asked me Do you think you'll have any more children? to which I replied I'd like to. We'll see. A few seconds passed and I said brightly What a lovely sunflower! upon genuine admiration of a flower arrangement.

MOT's are everywhere! One from Playgroup works at the salon I go to. And every time I go to the salon I see at least one MOT I know out there. Today it was a MOT from antenatal class. She said she had to run as her baby was outside (being pushed around by a relative). Sure enough I looked out in the window in time to see her scooping up her blonde baby boy in her arms.

I don't feel greatly depressed by the MOTs. Just sick of them. Do they have to be everywhere? Even at my gym class on Wednesday there was a bump. It's my time-out for goodness sakes - can't the bumps go to their own classes?! (Of course if I become a bump I plan to keep going to the gym - I am a woman with double-standards, afterall!) Thankfully only two friends out of the half dozen friends or so I plan to catch up with in Wellington are MOTs. (and one is a Mum-of-three).

Anyway, I better go and pack and get myself sorted as we leave first thing in the morning. I won't be online for a week so I'll look forward to catching you all next weekend. Thanks for those who have been rooting for me as such. The Provera worked so that's a good positive precursor to the Clomid.

No comments: