Monday, March 31, 2008

I am more than my thoughts

I have just clicked that for some people, my blog is the only point of contact they have with me. So it has become their perception of me. I just wanted to point out that a blog is essentially an on-line journal. I started this blog in November '07 as I recognised I had a lot of sorting out to do in my head. I was in overwhelm with the whole IF deal. My blog has certainly helped me to sieve through the IF emotional terrain and I appreciate that I have had an audience to witness this. I just want to clarify that I am more than my thoughts.

I am, for example, a member of a gym. So the people who see me at the gym every week, see me as that - a member of a gym. They are clueless about the rest of my life and that's why it is such a freeing place to go.

I also have a retail position on Sundays. In that job I am seen as an employee who is simply doing her job.

I am also a mother and a wife. These are my main roles in life. I'm beginning to fall in love again with my domestic life as it is today. I am starting to feel that nothing is missing and that I have everything. This is a huge shift for me.

Some of you will only ever know me as a writer of a blog based on secondary infertility. But I am so much more than that. Ironically this blog has helped me see that.

No comments: