Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One Day At A Time

I'm not sure if I did ovulate or not. I'm on day 19 in my cycle and so far I haven't had a temperature rise (thought admittedly I didn't start recording my temperature til day 15). A lot of the hormonal/perimenopausal symptoms I've experienced over the last few months are very similar to pregnancy symptoms such as sore boobs and milky cervical mucus so who knows which way this cycle is headed. All I can do is wait.

I feel like I'm back to taking it all One Day At A Time. I am powerless over my cycle, and am doing all I can right now to fight infertility, so it's time to let it go. I have so much more peace when I do that. I have been enjoying the lovely hot Nelson weather the last couple of days and being in the moment a lot more.

Our guests aren't staying with us tonight - and perhaps not tomorrow night either. Our daughter is like a shadow to her five-year old cousin and her lip comes out when either they aren't here or we head off somewhere different. If another sibling doesn't come along, she has this cousin and several others to form bonds with. But seeing her so happy and so entertained with a constant child-companion does throw the whole two-child-family-dream in my face.

No comments: