Saturday, March 15, 2008

Grumpy and tired

It's time for an early night. I feel overloaded emotionally as there seems to be so much on my (emotional) plate right now. I was thinking today I must remember to make the time in my day for prayer and meditation. Every now and then that conscious contact with God slips out of my daily life and then I wonder why I'm operating in overwhelm all over again. With God in the picture, I find I am equipped to face whatever is going on.

Today we went for a family trip into town to buy presents for our daughter's third birthday on Thursday. We bumped into friends who have three children and their third child was conceived on Clomid. I do know of a few success stories here in Nelson and it's always nice to be reminded of them. My friend was talking about getting to the gym and how difficult it is coordinating times with three kids. I said it was pretty easy for us, given it's just our daughter we have to worry about.

The other night my husband and I talked briefly about the possibility of a baby in the house again. I loved the baby years; my husband not so much. He summed it up by saying "But it's just getting good" in reference to our near-three year old.

It's true, life is a lot easier as a parent these days. We are challenged (and always will be, no doubt) but our daughter's independence frees us up a lot. Like today she walked around town with us. We left the buggy in the car. And this afternoon we all got our bikes out and did laps down our driveway. (though our daughter is reluctant to use the pedals at this stage). I'm planning her birthday party for next Saturday which is fun. Three feels like quite the milestone and like a real farewell to the baby years. In some ways I am sad as I may not get to experience those days again. Then on the other hand I think if there isn't another baby coming, that's it, I've done the under-three era for good.

Tomorrow we have family coming to stay with us for the week - my husband's brother, wife and their five-year old daughter, who is also an only child. It will be nice for the girls to spend a week together as cousin time is rare since they live a fair distance apart.

No comments: