Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The kindness of others

I have been blown away by the kindness of friends and family around my surgery and my recovery. I have truly been looked after. In hospital I got sent a beautiful gerbera plant by friend no. 1. A couple of other friends popped up bearing gifts. So in hospital I was supplied with magazines, chocolate and a chamomint herbal tea infusion. My husband, Mum and daughter also came up for a few visits.

My Mum precooked a lot of our meat and then one of our neighbours dropped off some pumpkin soup and scones on Monday. Yesterday friend no. 4's husband dropped off a precooked chicken which we had for our tea. So our fridge is well-stocked. Around lunchtime yesterday two MOO friends turned up to take my daughter to the playground. She had a great time and I managed to have a wee snooze on the couch and in the sun while she was gone. One of the MOOs stayed on for the afternoon so my daughter was nicely entertained for the afternoon.

Friend no. 2 sent me a beautiful bright bouquet of flowers also, and my Mums partners sister hand-picked a beautiful bunch of flowers from her garden. My SIL (sister-in-law) up North made me a card and lovely hanging crystals. I have also had cards and texts from friends and family also plus a lot of supportive messages from my friends on Dailystrength.

I feel blessed to have so many people in my life that care. I am grateful for that. Yesterday I took my daughter to Playgroup and I actually felt better getting back into our routine. It was a slow walk up the road but we stayed for two hours and it was good to get out of the house and out in the sunshine for a bit. I think now I've done my first to-and-from walk to Playgroup (even if was just a slow five minute/ten minute walk each way), I feel as though I'm on my road to physical recovery.

No comments: