Thursday, May 1, 2008

People say the darnest things

I had my hair-cut the night before last. I like my hair-dresser yet conversation doesn't flow as she's not the chattiest of people. I have my hair-cut every six to eight weeks and have been doing so since August last year (with that particular hairdresser). You'd think by now she'd know some of the basic details of my life. But every time she seems to ask if I'm having another one (baby) when my daughter is brought up. I know she probably is just making conversation but the fact I say I hope so. We'll see what happens. or That would be nice are surely indicators that falling pregnant is something I'm 1. trying to do 2. having trouble achieving.

Then this time round she must have picked up on that and said sometimes it's hard getting pregnant. Once again she probably was just making conversation but it annoyed me that comment as as a twenty-something who is in flatting mode and about to embark on a trip to Europe next month, I am pretty damn sure she's never even tried to get pregnant and it's possibly the furthest thing from her mind at this point in time.

I know, I am a bit prickly. I have a sick feeling in my stomach like I'm about to sit a test! I'm quite nervous about my upcoming surgery. It has been pointed out that I could lose my only ovary in the operation. Maybe, but don't tell me that! Until I hear that that could happen from my surgeon's mouth, I am not going to go there (too much!). As I was saying to a MOTH friend yesterday, what would be the (unlucky) odds of losing two ovaries in two operations? Surely not!

I've been busy in my head and therefore busy running around this week. I seem to be trying to catch up with a lot of people in these school holidays. My daughter and I both enjoyed going to other peoples places, and doing different things but it is tiring. So today we are having a quiet day - just the two of us going into town/the library.

No comments: