Friday, May 30, 2008

Infertility prayers

I felt like I needed a prayer to get me through my day and so googled infertility and prayer and found these on Beliefnet. I shed a few tears when I read "In The Face Of Fertility Challenges Prayer". Might have to print that one out.

St. David's Infertility Prayer

Thank you, Lord for all the blessings in my life. Help me to remember them as I face the challenges of infertility. I pray that I can surrender myself into your hands. Let me accept the reality of this situation and have the wisdom and courage to take action where I can. Strengthen my body, mind and spirit to endure the trials of infertility. Keep me ever mindful of the needs of others and grant us your peace. Amen.

In the Face of Fertility Challenges

Lord, help me to know that You are enough. Take my eyes off of myself. Take my eyes off of the child I desire. Help me to delight myself in You. Mold the desires of my heart to be in line with Your will. I don't want to need to be a mother more than I need to be your humble, obedient child. I don't want wanting to have a baby to be a stumbling block between You and me anymore.

Lord, I want to give this desire, this drive, this ache up to You. Help me not to snatch it back as I so often do with the burdens I place in Your hands. Help me to be truly content with Your will and Your timing.

Lord, You know that I still desire a baby - someone to mold, teach, train, shape, guide, and help to grow in You. But until the day You give me that joyous blessing, help me to grow in You. Let me reach out to those around me. Let me witness and minister to the children You place in my path.

Lord, if adoption is the path You would have us take, prepare our hearts, and prepare the child who will share our home. If adoption is not Your will for our lives, keep me from pushing ahead of Your plan. Help me to stay submitted to my husband's will, and to Your will. If we are headed in the wrong direction, change our hearts.

Thank You for lifting my burden. Help me to keep You first! Let me seek Your face daily, and let me know that You are enough!


Prayer to Heal the Pain of Infertility

Dear Lord, the pain of infertility is so deep. All of our lives, we dream of being mothers, of raising children with loving hearts to do your will on this earth. Month after month when that dream does not come true, it so painful, Lord. We feel like our dreams die each month with empty arms. Please guide us to trust in your plan for us. We desperately need you in our lives. Thank you for all the blessings we do have, knowing through you all things are possible. Amen
.

I also found this from The Fertility Community:

The Infertile Patient's Prayer

Lord, Give me Strength...

  • To keep my cool when another period starts.
  • To keep my chin up when a co-worker announces her pregnancy.
  • To have a good relationship with my friend in spite of her ability to conceive easily and not be jealous of her.
  • To endure my sister-in-law's comments about toilet training.
  • To keep from crying when I see children begging on the roads.
  • To forgive my doctor when he keeps me waiting for two hours for a consultation - and then can't remember my name.
  • To make the right decision about treatment.
  • To maintain a good relationship with my husband in spite of all this.

It's helpful to remember the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr. " God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the wisdom to know the difference."


I also found the below prayer on Catholic Infertility:

Prayer to St. Gerard

O good St. Gerard,
powerful intercessor before God
and Wonder-worker of our day,
I call on you and seek your help.
You who on earth did always fulfil God's design,
help me to do the Holy Will of God.
Beseech the Master of Life,
from whom all paternity proceeded,
to make me fruitful in offspring,
that I may raise up children to God in this life
and heirs to the Kingdom of His glory
in the world to come. Amen.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saint Theresa's Prayer

May today there be peace within.

May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.

May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.

May you be confident knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.

It is there for each and every one of us.



i was jsut sent this from an aunt and thought it may be of some use. sarah

Lynda said...

Thanks for that Sarah - I like it. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this blog! I feel so alone in my pain and at times think I am the only one who is unable to perofrm the very function my body was created. My husband and I have beren married for ten years and so desire to be parents. I'm 32 yrs old and ave yet to conceive. We can't afford IVF so clomid has been all we have used. I have found encouragement and some peace with this site. tahnks again! May God bless you.

Anonymous said...

I to am going through secondary infertility. I have two beautiful. I took infertility shots with my second child and now I find myself going thru the motions of considering IVF. I have come to find that this is an expensive road to travel. This sight has helped me with the prayers. I am praying that GOD will intervene and that miracle will be performed.

Thanks!!!!

Olivia said...

I'm really glad that I found this site. I was really looking for some time for a prayer that my husband and I can say together.
Our issue is that we long to have a child together. I have a 10yr. from a previous relationship and his father turned out to be just a donor. Since then I have met and married the most wonderful man; who is a great father to my son. The relationship between them is awesome. But I would like for him and I to have a child together. We went to the fertility clinic and were told after test that his sperm is dead and that our only option is a donor. I felt like had that already and don't want that again. Besides to do that it would cost us 15000.00 with a chance of it not taking. Its money we just don't have. So I have been praying for God to heal our bodies so that we can be parents again.
It’s not an easy road but I will keep my faith because GOD IS MIGHTY!! And though him ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!

Olivia said...

I'm really glad that I found this site. I was really looking for some time for a prayer that my husband and I can say together.
Our issue is that we long to have a child together. I have a 10yr. from a previous relationship and his father turned out to be just a donor. Since then I have met and married the most wonderful man; who is a great father to my son. The relationship between them is awesome. But I would like for him and I to have a child together. We went to the fertility clinic and were told after test that his sperm is dead and that our only option is a donor. I felt like had that already and don't want that again. Besides to do that it would cost us 15000.00 with a chance of it not taking. Its money we just don't have. So I have been praying for God to heal our bodies so that we can be parents again.
It’s not an easy road but I will keep my faith because GOD IS MIGHTY!! And though him ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!

Anonymous said...

I'm also very glad I found this site. I have a 3 year old amazing son and my husband and I have been trying for 2 years to give him a sibling. I am in a tough situation right now too because my best friend has been trying for the last 6 months with no luck. I think she may feel as if I have no reason to be upset because I already have a child. I try very hard to be supportive of her but the fact that I think she feels that way makes it difficult. I just continue praying that it happens for both of us very soon.

Anonymous said...

It does not matter how many children you have when you are trying for another.a It still hurts every time I start my period. We have 5 children and were not really trying but were blessed with a sixth opportunity. It ended in miscarriage. Since then my arms have felt empty and we continue to pray for a miracle. We have experienced the preterm birth of our sixth child...at 21 weeks and yet another miscarriage since that first one...and yet the desire is so strong we remain open to new life...if I can stay strong then I am confident God will help you to remain that way as well! Many blessings!