Thursday, May 1, 2008

Not the best at asking for help

Yesterday I looked after a MOO friends daughter as she had to go and have a tooth urgently removed. Although I had to shuffle a few things around in my day to accommodate this, I was more than happy to do so. Yet it was a reminder for me on how bad I often am at asking for help. I'm going to need help after my surgery, no doubt about it. So it will be a good chance to practise receiving help.

My Mum is coming down next weekend so will be here mainly while I'm still in hospital so my husband can come up without our daughter for a few visits, though obviously I want to see her daily as well. I haven't been telling everyone I come across about my surgery, but those I've told have been very kind and have offered to help afterwards with looking after my daughter, driving me around etc. I am very good at jumping to the aid of others, but not so good at accepting help.

No comments: