Monday, September 29, 2008

Affirmations

I woke up feeling relatively fresh today. I had a good weekend. I worked Saturday and Sunday which I enjoyed. Yesterday was fun as I overlooked a five year olds birthday party with eleven children present. I helped put up balloons, organise the seating and all that. The Mum really appreciated my help and said I was "awesome". It is certainly good for me at this time to have a job in which my capabilities can be used.

Saturday night my husband and I went out for dinner at a local restaurant. We had a three course meal so were pretty bloated when we left. Our neighbour looked after our daughter while we went to dinner. She had family time-out (she has three kids) and was pretty happy with half a bottle of wine and a girlie DVD.

It was the first time my husband and I had been out for dinner alone since our daughter has arrived! We've been out for brunches a few times, to the movies a couple of times and to a couple of weddings but not to dinner. So it's something we'll do a bit more regularly - it's only a couple of hours out of the house, afterall.

One of the ways I've started combating my dipped feelings of self-worth is by over-riding my negative self-talk with some affirmations. An affirmation I've come up for myself is I deserve the good things in life.

I found an on-line meditation titled self-acceptance affirmations which I'll try when I get a quiet moment. My low self-worth flares up when I go through a personal crisis. This isn't the first time I've had to rebuild myself from the inside out. It feels pretty deep this time - it is all about self-acceptance and self-love as well. I know I'll get there.

No comments: