Monday, September 15, 2008

A busy day

I normally blog first thing in the morning but it didn't happen this morning as my daughter "slept-in" - and so did I - til 7.45am! Normally she's up somewhere between five and six in the morning so it was quite a the treat getting up a bit later.

It's been a busy, but a good day. The weather has been gorgeous the last three days after a particularly rainy period, so I took my daughter off to the beach mid-morning. We needed to go food shopping today so there wasn't much food in the house, so we bought our lunch from the local bakery. Oh I do love to be beside the sea-side...I really do. It lifts my spirits every time.

My daughter missed out on Kindy today as she had an appointment up at the hospital with audiology. All went well though she's going back in six months as one of her tests was ever so-slighty "iffy". She did so well sitting there and playing various games for a good half hour or so. I was very proud of her - I was practically bursting at the seams.

We did the food shopping this arvo then came home and made home-made pizza for tea. It is so nice being able to open the ranch-sliders now and have the whole indoor/outdoor flow thing going on. There is definitely more of a spring in all our steps in our wee family now that the weather has brightened.

Emotionally I'm a little torn around where I want to go/am heading with SIF. A part of me thinks the writing is on the wall - so why not bloody well give up. Another part of me thinks maybe this is a mind-over-matter life event I am meant to get past. I dunno. I overheard a Mum say to her newborn as she placed it in the shopping trolley next to a toddler today "Now you sit here, next to your big sister." That tugs at my heart-strings - but whether that's because I know on some level that will never be me or because there's still some SIF fight in me, I'm not sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great day. I wish Thomas and I could have joined you for a seaside lunch! I love eating outside---anywhere---seaside, lakeside, no where near the water! whatever!
I have some weather-envy.....or rather season envy....we are a week a way from fall (autum) (sept and oct are beautiful here....but novemeber starts to get cold and....dont even mention january and february----not good!)
so....i am bummed and you are lucky! as far as the sif thing........what can I say....there are no words....or we've said them all....or we know them w/out uttering a word.....(right?)
XX
Nancy A.