Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just gonna enjoy the sunshine

We've had a particularly wet Winter and now Spring (thus far). For the last few weeks it has been sunny on average about once a week. Well today is one of those days in which we've been blessed with sunshine so I am going to make the most of it.

I am off to meet a friend this morning who is very kindly shouting me brunch as my 40th birthday prezzie. I have great friends. I feel so blessed to know so many wonderful women. SIF used to distance me from those I love, but I no longer feel it has to be that way. Sure, unless you've experienced IF, it is going to be foreign territory. But a friend is a friend and I'm all about celebrating those connections at this point.

I can see that I am coming out of SIF hiding in a way. For many months the secondary infertility community in Dailystrength was the only place I felt understood and heard. That is still the case in a lot of ways, but I don't need to dwell on SIF quite as much these days. It's a natural process. I'm just letting myself be where I'm at. I guess I'm able to share a bit more around SIF with others now that I am not so emotionally consumed by it.

Today is one of those days in which I can truly sense that there are blue skies ahead. And literally of course- nothing like a gorgeous Spring day to renew one's hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey lynda,
i just got alll caught up on your blogs. will talk soon!
Nancy
xx