Sunday, February 10, 2008

Job interview

Today I went for a job interview at a local cafe I frequent with friend no. 4 on a monthly basis. Just as I was about to meet her I thought perhaps I'd ask if they were looking for any weekend staff when lo and behold, I spied an ad for a Sunday position! I wrote the number down, called them and had a job interview this afternoon. It went pretty well and I have a trial couple of hours next Saturday. If all goes well I may start next Sunday! It certainly felt like a Higher Power thing - a wee confirmation from the universe that I'm exactly where I'm meant to be in life right now.

The job is as a "gallery assistant" and involves retail of pottery/ceramics and supervising an area where people can paint their own ceramic plates/cups etc. There's also a cafe that I would be required to help in in busy periods.

I absolutely love this cafe - hence why I've been a regular for at least the last year. It's got an "in-the-country" feel about it as it's in the midst of a huge paddock that often has ducks, a pig, and rabbits as well as a couple of swings for kids. It's off the beaten track and with the pottery on sale as well, has a very unique feel to it.

It was noted I had a daughter in the interview, but they didn't go there about any other kids. Thank goodness!!

I do feel as though a big chapter of motherhood is closing - like I am reentering the adult world.

This year will be my daughter's last year of music and playgroup and these are the two groups where bumps and newborns are pretty much part of the scenery. Once we leave these groups it will be all about Kindy, swimming lessons and any other activities I choose to enrol my daughter in. What I'm getting at is at the moment playgroup and music are where I get a lot of social interaction with other Mums. It will be a different ball-game when I simply just drop my daughter off at Kindy and take her to her classes. The bumps and bubs won't be so in my face once these groups are finished with.

Without a number two baby in the wings, it really feels like the end of an era. That's not necessarily a bad thing, either. I just feel as though I am being led in quite a different direction to those that have younger children than myself. Today it feels kind of exciting that I'm "out there" again with the gym and a new job in the wings. Whether this up-coming departure from local preschool groups will be for good remains inconclusive.

No comments: