Thursday, February 21, 2008

Let The Games Begin!

I took my first Provera pill this morning....so I have officially started the ball rolling with the fertility drugs. I'm day 31 on my cycle (though that's debatable since it was more spotting than a bleed last cycle). I worked out some upcoming dates around my daughter and I going to Wellington in just over a week for a week and then my husbands brother and family are coming down around Easter for a week to stay with us (which means my husband, daughter and I being in the same room for a week since we have a two-bedroomed house). Basically if I didn't start the Provera today I would have to delay taking it as I'd end up ovulating when we had guests here and well that just wouldn't work...

Last night I met a Mum-of-two-to-be (MOT-to-be) for a coffee after the gym. She suggested meeting up as we have talked briefly in the past around TTC with both herbal and medical help. She conceived her first child (my daughter's age) after around four years. (possibly more, actually). In the end it was her third round of Clomid that worked. She conceived her second child naturally.

I wondered how I might feel having a chat with a Mum who was very heavily pregnant (37 weeks) with her 2nd child yet it was fine. It was good. I was in a good space - had just been to the gym and it is always comforting to talk to women who have used Clomid and in particular have done so here in Nelson so have used the same Drs.

So in many ways it was a case of do or die with the fertility drugs for me. Clearly conceiving a child naturally is impossible at this stage due to my absent periods for over six months. It will be interesting to see if I actually do get the fake period Provera is meant to bring in about a weeks time so I can start the Clomid.

No comments: