Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Last day on Provera

Well I took my last Provera pill about an hour ago. So now it's a case of waiting for a bleed. How wierd, I haven't had a proper period in over six months. I've almost forgotten what it feels like to have a period!

Today on our weekly shop I bought tampons and pads which made me giggle inwardly as since I last bought tampons, the brand I use has changed it's packaging. My husband did comment recently that I ought to have my "womanly supplies on hand" as we laughed that the flood-gates may just open! I've searched on the Net a bit about Provera and bleeding. Apparently I could bleed anywhere between three days and two weeks from today. The bleed varies from woman to woman but I'm kind of preparing myself for a heavier bleed as my poor body probably needs a good clean out.

So I'm on stand-by with the Clomid!

It will be interesting to see if my mood swings return now the Provera is finished with. I have felt really settled within myself this last week or so. I've had a sore throat/ears which I've also googled which sounds like a side effect. I've been trying to get hold of my Dr as I'll be flying on Sunday and just wanted to make sure I'll be okay.

Today at the supermarket I saw a Mum who used to go to Playgroup with a baby. I hadn't seen her for a while so was taken by surprise. Her eldest is in afternoon Kindy and she said she was struggling with giving her preschooler enough attention. I felt for her and thought if we do have another one, my daughter will be well and truly settled into morning Kindy by then. I do have some hope that the Clomid might work for us. It will be an interesting biological experiment at the very least.

Friend no.2 who has been dealing with primary infertility for around two years texted me last night to say her 2nd round of IVF failed. I feel so sad for her. And even though I'm also going through IF, I feel powerless around her pain as I know there is nothing I can do.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So sorry about your friend's failed IVF.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you on Aunt Flo!