Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Didn't ovulate 1st cycle post-op

I knew as soon as I saw the white envelope sitting on it's lonesome today in our letterbox that it was another letter from my gyno. This one was about the results from my day 21 (blood) progesterone test:

Dear Lynda,

Your latest day-21 progesterone level was only 2, which is much lower than we would expect for spontaneous ovulation. I therefore feel it is worthwhile your starting on Clomiphene and I have enclosed a prescription. Could you do a further day-21 progesterone level in your next treatment cycle. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Kind regards,
Your sincerely

Xxxxx Xxxx

Argh! Although I knew I hadn't ovulated as per my last post, I feel a little bummed. So my surgery didn't magically fix things for me on the fertility-front. It feels as though I am back to where I was six, seven, even many more months than that, ago. Sigh. So now I'll have to wait for a bit to see if AF comes naturally - if not, I'm pretty sure the gyno will prescribe Provera.

I don't feel very positive at all about things today. Am I just barking up the wrong tree? Maybe I am just in peri-menopause as I feared/suspected from the onset of TTC for our second child. Oh well. I shall soldier on. The green light is still on for TTC#2 even though it feels as though most of the time I have been given a red light.

ADD-ON:
My result for my 21 day progesterone test after my 1st round of Clomid in March was three. So post-surgery the numbers haven't budged at all: from three to two - they have lowered slightly in fact.

1 comment: