Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Waiting for AF

Well AF is three days late. And before you think anything, no a BFP is not a possibility as I haven't TTC since before my op (over four weeks ago). I have had some symptoms of an anovulotory (lack of ovulation) cycle this time round - the main one being sore boobs. It's a cruel twist, but anovulation symptoms are similar to pregnancy symptoms which is why I had a few BFNs months ago when I didn't know the difference.

So while most women who are TTC dread AF turning up, I am once again hoping she'll turn up! I'll wait a few more days/a week or so and if it looks like she's not coming, then will phone my gyno's surgery to see what the next step might be - perhaps Provera again, who knows.

I'm feeling much better physically today - my stomach bug has gone. I'm a little queasy still but not too bad. All I could stomach yesterday was toast and ice-cream. So hopefully my appetite will be back to normal today.

My husband and I watched Run Fatboy Run last night on DVD. It was pretty good. Although the message was about not running away (from life), it reminded me of my SIF marathon and how I need to keep myself healthy and well in mind, body and soul to keep going with it all. And how at the end of the day, I am the only one who can believe in me and trust in God throughout all this though the support of friends and family certainly helps.

A Dailystrength friend recently mentioned how she hadn't been told she actually couldn't have any more children, so she ought to be thinking more positively. I try to think along those lines too. It's like until the fat lady sings, this SIF party ain't over! (And the fat lady will be me, BTW - when I'm sporting a luscious bump once again!)

No comments: