Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sex And The City: The Movie

I went to see the Sex And The City (SATC) movie last night and loved it! Yep, I was a big fan of the tv series and really enjoyed seeing all the characters on the big screen. Loved the sound track too.

WARNING: Spoiler alert in this paragraph if you haven't seen the movie!!
However although I was rapt that Charlotte got pregnant naturally after her infertility struggles, it annoyed me slightly that she claimed it was because she'd relaxed and wasn't thinking about it that she fell pregnant. She'd adopted her first child and had let go of having a biological child. Okay so this "approach" has worked for some women - but it won't for every woman. All I'm saying is that it was no doubt quite a memorable statement for Charlotte to say, only adding fuel to the fire to us infertiles out there that we just need to relax, not think about it and it'll happen!!

I know, it was only a movie, light-entertainment, a fictional story and all that. That wasn't even really meant to be a big moan 'cos as I say, I loved the film. But I thought it warranted being pointed out, that's all.

Well it's bug central in our household. I got back from the SATC flick last night to a sick husband and daughter. So I didn't go to my Sunday job/work today. It's 11.30am and I'm in my PJs as I've been having cuddles in bed with my daughter. It's the first sleep-on I've had in three years! I was up quite a lot of the night, however. She's sleeping soundly right now. There are so many bugs doing the rounds at the moment. Hopefully this is the last of them for a while for us.

No comments: