Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back to schooll!

Well, kind of. Here in New Zealand the main school holidays fall over Christmas. So in a couple of weeks primary and secondary students go back to school. A lot of preschool activities follow suit, so typically for us that is one loooooooong Summer without any "groups" to go to. Playgroup has the shortest recess - going back after just a four week break (thank the Lord!), and swimming and music don't start up again for another couple of weeks.

So this week Playgroup started up! We go twice a week - on a Tuesday and Thursday, so have been both times this week. Although it was nice to have a few weeks of cruising around Tahuna and going to the beach in the morning, I think both my daughter and I are relieved to be back into the swing of things. We did get a bit bored with each other in the end, proving to me that I could not be the type of Mum who stays at home most of the time. No siree, that would drive me insane. Luckily my daughter loves adventures and the outdoors as much as me so the beach has been our saviour over the last month.

I did brace myself for going to Playgroup this morning as a month ago there were several Mums about to pop with second babies. Sure enough, there were two newborns there today and one Mum due in three weeks with her second child. A few Mums there know my "situation" and so this week, between the two Playgroup visits I have been asked three times how things are going with trying for number two. I must have done enough venting/healing via this blog and Dailystrength to be feeling not so vulnerable now when the topic comes up.

Perhaps having the Clomid plan helps, but also having a lot more acceptance around things does too. I still have no idea how it's all going to pan out. But today I don't feel so bitter about it all. My heart-strings did tug a little when I saw the newborns and other Mum-of-two combos, but today I accept my lot. I guess I'm sick of fighting Gods will for me and will accept whatever comes my way at this point.

No comments: