Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Clomid on stand-by

I went to the chemist today and got my prescription for Clomid. $15.50NZ. Not too bad, I thought. That's for three rounds. So I have one packet with five biggish yellow pills ready and waiting for round one. They are 50mg which is apparently the lowest dosage. If that's not successful, I have two more scripts I can use which was included in the price.

I've had spotting today and am meant to start the Clomid on Day Two of my cycle, so depending on whether I get some kind of a period or not, I could be starting round one of Clomid in the next couple of days! I'm hoping to get in touch with my gyno tomorrow to check in about my cyst and the ultrasound so will ask then if spotting is considered to be bleeding. I don't think it is although my gyno did say light bleeding was acceptable. I tried to phone my gyno today but the surgery wasn't open.

It will be good if I don't have to take Provera. I'm quite terrified of taking Clomid and experiencing side-effects and to be honest thought I wouldn't be taking the Clomid til right at the end of the month - not (maybe) in the next few days!!

No comments: