Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A BFN in the wings

It looks as though I'm going to have to take a pregnancy test before starting the Clomid. I have spotting going on which could possibly be implantation bleeding. Probably not, which means I'll get a BFN (big fat negative). I'll wait a couple of days to see if AF (Aunt Flo) arrives. The gyno said to do one if there was any possibility that I could be pregnant. I got hold of his receptionist today who said she'd talk to him about my referral notes and if there was anything I needed to know, she'd phone me. It's so hard to speak to Dr's directly - that irks me! She didn't phone me back so I'm guessing all is hunky dory.

Anyway, I'm pretty tired. Just did a bit of freelance work tonight. It's nice to have something to focus on/to be using my skills/to be making some money - eventually.

I have to be honest and say that I am a bit bored with the at-home gig at this point. And the feeling's mutual - I think my daughter is bored with me!! For so long we did so well, entertaining ourselves quite nicely with her groups and outings in the arvos. But I'm not enough for her anymore - she craves other children and other adults to bond with. Thankfully Kindy is just round the corner for her so she'll get her needs met and I'll get mine! The timing is perfect, really. I think we both need a schedule change this year after almost two years of the same classes.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have changed the last almost three years for anything. Overall I have loved being an at-home Mum. I just recognise that my daughter and I are starting to outgrow our situation and I think it's healthy that we've both ready for the next step.

No comments: