Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Blue Skies Ahead

9amish this morning my daughter and I headed off to the beach. A bright Summer's morning, on a brand New Year, it felt like a very positive thing to do. And it was.

My daughter shares my love for the sea, so luckily we live just under ten minutes walk from the beach. There is nothing like a child's passion and unbridled enthusiasm for life to lift your mood, especially when out in nature, and connecting with God and all he has created. That's the way I see it, anyway. My connection with nature is essentially my connection with God.

Dogs and water are my daughter's two favourite things. So she was pretty excited to be wading in the waves with a couple of fur-legged friends this morning. Being New Years Day (which it is here in New Zealand!), is a hard to not feel optimistic and hopeful about the year ahead. Who knows how things will pan out for me but it was just so nice this morning to be in the moment on such a gorgeous sunny morning while looking at the huge expansion of blue sky surrounding us and really feeling and believing that yes, there are indeed blue skies ahead for me.

No comments: