Monday, October 13, 2008

Life outside of SIF

I had a pretty good weekend. Saturday was our family day and we went to a local church fair. Our daughter had a great time playing a fishing game, getting her face painted and rumaging through old books. It was quite blustery though so we ended up going out for lunch indoors in quite a civilised restaurant. It had a decent children's menu and an enclosed area for kids to play in that was a room with glass windows - so you can watch your kids playing while eating your meal. The children's menu included a big bowl of icecream which our daughter enjoyed of course.

Saturday night I went to a party down the road for a MOT's 30th birthday. It had an eighties Madonna theme for the girls and a gangster theme for the guys. It was fun getting dressed up in what was just gear in my own wardrobe, teasing my hair a la eighties style and adorning myself with as much jewellery as I could find. It started at seven and I left around 11pm but it was good to go out for a bit and to just be silly dancing with all the other Madonna's in a circle.

I have a new group of Mum friends who live in the same area - that I've met through Playgroup and Kindy. I don't know any of them particularly well but I realised on Saturday night that it is good to have some friends who aren't tuned into my SIF stuff as then I can go out and just let go of it all for a night.

Sunday I had a pretty good day at work. It was quiet in the gallery (where I sell the pottery) so I did a lot of dusting and helped out in the cafe a bit. It's always nice to just have some space to think and to be at work. Several bumps came in. Two MOTHs-to-be and I did find myself thinking Why does she get to have three children God??!! I tried to stop this train of thinking as fast as possible. My MOT neighbour came in with her two children and it was truly a pleasure to see them all there. Her youngest was pointing at me and came to find me when I was in the kitchen so that was pretty cute.

I've found another MOO interested in going in with me on a stall at an annual market at the end of December. So that's three of us who are quite keen at the moment. I think the reason I am so motivated and keen to give something like this a go in quite a short space of time is because I've been in a standstill with SIF for so long. I guess that's a positive flip-side to a time of great angst and frustration; it brings other dreams to the fore as well as the ability to put them into action.

No comments: