Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Revealing my dreams to others

Our appointment with Adoption Services is this Thursday but I hope my husband and I are well enough to go as our wee family has been hit with a cold. If we're too under the weather, I will prospone the appointment. I'm okay with that though. Like I've said before; I don't feel like this is an urgent process - the adoption one. I'm really going with the flow in a way I wasn't able to while TTC with SIF hanging over my head.

So far friends and family have been really supportive as I've told them about our adoption plans. I don't know why I think I might get a negative response as I haven't yet - but I do brace myself for a difference of opinion when I share this new dream of ours with people.

Today I feel great about it all. I've had a pretty quiet day, just trying to be and enjoying the Spring weather - which was more like Summer today. I finally feel like I'm moving forward in my life and it's a good feeling after a long time of feeling like I just wasn't moving anywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda, what kind of reaction are you getting? what so people say?
i am JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS of your spring weather..........sigh...we are just getting into a long winter........cant wait til march!!!!!!!!!!!
nancy
ps...my dh told his sister the news and she "sqealed" w/ excitement (so he said)