Friday, April 18, 2008

Day 26

Well I'm day 26 in my cycle and my temperature has remained low for the last two days. It was very interesting how I got a temperature rise for four days though. Man, I'm not sure what to do about my next cycle. I have another prescription for Clomid but don't want to waste my time taking it if it isn't working and then don't want to miss a cycle just in case it is.

Oh God, I'm going to have to make contact with The Snarky Receptionist (at my gyno's surgery) aren't I, even if I don't get an answer to the above, I need to try. Groan!

I spoke to a MOF-to-be at Playgroup yesterday who conceived her second child on her sixth round of Clomid. I keep her updated every few weeks about progress. She wasn't ever really a textbook SI, as she conceived her second child under a year of TTC, however she still had to turn to fertility drugs. It's interesting she went on to have her third - and fourth child naturally! (And her first was conceived naturally too). Women and their hormones!

I have officially become a gym junkie! I think it's for all the right reasons though. It's not about weight loss for me as I don't need to lose weight. In fact, it's been so freeing joining a gym and to not have fat-burning as my drive for going there. I am enjoying getting more toned, cardio-fit and having this regular time-out for me! Exercise is definitely of huge benefit to any infertile, I'm sure.

I love my exercise regime - something different every session. Monday night is Spinning (cycling on a stationary bike), Wednesday is Bodycombat (kickboxing, martial arts), Thursdays I do weights and then Bodybalance (pilates yoga, and tai chai) and Friday is Bodyjam (hip hop dancing). That's four times a week and I'm thinking of adding Sunday mornings on the way to work for another weights session. However I aim to mainly go three times a week to get three cardio work-outs in and the fourth Bodybalance class is a bonus really, as would be weights on a Sunday.

I did Bodybalance last night after a weights session and it was bliss. The stretching and poses that come with Yoga and Pilates are just heavenly. And of course the relaxation at the end (lying on the mat for eight minutes or so) is just the icing on the cake.

I know a few Mums that go to the same gym and saw a few there last night, all escaping from family life and doing something for themselves for an hour or two. They are all MOTs and MOTHs, but when their children aren't physically in tow it doesn't matter. We are all just simply women working out.

No comments: