Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sometimes sh*t just happens

I had a stomach bug yesterday. Not nice. We were out at my Mums and I wasn't able to move far from the er, toilet so stayed back with my daughter while everyone else went out for some retail therapy. Looking after a three year old is tiring at the best of times, but especially so when not a hundred percent.

My Mum's place is located by the sea so my daughter and I had about three trips to the beach. It was on one of our visits to the beach that it occurred to me that I have no control about my health. Yesterday I just woke up with a bug. Sometimes sh*t just just happens. (literally in my case yesterday!) Things do happen to us - inconveniences or things we don't particularly like. IF is one of those things for me right now. Yet even though it wasn't fun being sick, it meant I had a day of being as low key as possible, my health being much more important than The World Of IF.

Today I felt much better and had a good day at work. I've settled more into my job over the last couple of shifts. It's only a week and a half til my surgery so I'm just taking it easy really. It was nice to have a couple of nights out at my Mums even though I was sick for some of our visit. At least on Friday we had a nice mellow day as a family not doing much at all. I said to my husband that it was good to have a break from the endless chores that seem to be part of domestic life. We never got a date in thanks to my stomach bug, but never mind.

I'm in a space of feeling not only how short life is but how important it is to enjoy the good bits as the bad bits can threaten to drag us down if we're not careful. But lets face it, life throws curve balls for everyone along the way. IF is my current curve ball. Life had been going so well for me for quite some time - I had felt truly blessed for ages then along came IF. Life is still good though, that's the thing. I have been feeling and rediscovering that truth lately. This SI will not be beaten by IF! I am going to blossom and live life fully again, regardless of where things are at with IF. That is something I can strife for.

No comments: