Thursday, April 10, 2008

TTO

I've been thinking lately how I'm not so much TTC (trying to conceive), as in TTO (trying to ovulate). I kind of have to ovulate before I can even TTC. Who knows when I even last ovulated? It could be eight months or more ago. I've no idea, I've lost track. So contrary to what the less enlightened might think around this whole IF deal, for some of us it doesn't mean we're clocking up the hours in the bedroom at all.

Nope, TTO involves a lot of time in limbo. If only I had the luxury of TTC every month! I guess my fear is that I won't ovulate again. If so I wish that had been worked out way back when. I really don't want to go through months of all this only to be told that I am in menopause!

But, everything happens for a reason and all that. I'm meant to be going through this time of TTO, frustrating as it is. God must think there must be a chance it could happen as I don't believe God is cruel. Surely He wouldn't have me hanging on by a thread, hoping I'll ovulate some day for nothing. Would he?

1 comment:

Carrie Ann said...

Three of my friends are pregnant with #3 - and their oldest children are 3 yrs old like my son (which makes me feel SO behind in the babymaking) When they each announced their pregnancy I felt like I was socked in the stomach. I am happy for them but it is hard for me to listen to them talk about how hard it is to have multiple kids, all the work, etc. When I feel this way, I take a break from them and don't have playdates for a few weeks. You gotta think of yourself! Love your acronoyms btw (MOO, etc)