Thursday, April 17, 2008

Perhaps ovulation occurred?

I'm day 25 in my cycle and over the last five days (excluding today), I've had a significant temperature rise so have wondered if I did in fact ovulate. I didn't see any fertile mucus and didn't use a predictor kit as I thought this was a cycle that was pretty much a write-off given I was still on the 50mg of Clomid (that failed to bring on ovulation the first time round). But I did a search on the internet and it turns out some women don't ovulate every cycle on Clomid. In some cases the bloods are done in two consecutive cycles to check whether this is the case.

My charts have been erratic for months and the current cycle I'm on is the first one in which I've had an obvious temperature rise around the time I should. Of course with the sharp drop in temperature today I'm expecting AF will show up within the next few days. However I did think, maybe, just maybe I could be...Only because I still have the chart from when I conceived my daughter and this cycle this time round has looked very similar to that one - until today.

It was nice to believe for a few days that there was a possibility I could be pregnant - even if it was a very small chance.

I'm continuing to declutter the house. I bagged up some of my old maternity gear yesterday. I kept some of it just in case. I was around 5/6 kg heavier when I conceived my daughter so most of the gear I have is (probably) going to be too big should I get pregnant. But I kept the more expensive items like jeans and three-quarter pants. It feels good to get rid of it, actually. I was sick of that stretched, and somewhat ugly maternity gear taking up space in my wardrobe.

I've been processing a bit of stuff from my counseling session on Tuesday night. IF, I believe, has taken it's toll on our family life over the last few months - even if only subtly. As mentioned recently in a post, I am The Organiser in many of my relationships. I am also The Go-To Girl. As in, I travel to friends and family to keep contact up. This means most trips away during the year are centred around catching up with loved ones.

Our family trips around the last two Christmases have been up to the North Island to catch up with friends and family. I've always declared how important it is to keep up regular contact with those out of town. I still believe this is so however this Go To Girl is going to retire from that role for this Christmas, at least.

I've realised some family healing needs to happen in a sense after the months of intensity IF has brought to our household. So we've decided that this Christmas we will take a family holiday away here locally - maybe to Golden Bay or somewhere in the South Island just for us. We need some fun and adventure and it will be great to do something different. It's time to put energy back into my home-life as it exists today.

No comments: