Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Going With The Flow

I'm learning to be a bit more gentle with myself at this time. Now that the computer is switched off a lot more, I've been more in tune with how shattered I often really am at night. My energy levels have been down. Last week was a busy week as I was out five nights in a row with the gym and counseling and then Sunday was a hard day at work, helping out at the cafe. So I have been pooped! I normally make spirulina smoothies daily but have run out of powdered spirulina so will get some more this week.

It was also the end of daylight saving here in New Zealand on Sunday so we're definitely thrown off in our household. My daughter's always been an early riser and now has been up 5amish the last two days!

I normally go to the gym on a Monday night but last night just really felt like staying in and blobbing in front of the tele for a bit and having an early night, so I did. Lights were out by 9pm!

I think for so long I've been in this space of fighting IF which has affected my ability to relax. But gradually all these self-care things I'm doing are starting to pay off such as the counseling, and the gym sessions.

I'm day 16 in my cycle and have noted this time round I've had some side effects with the Clomid - namely headaches and thrush. No it ain't pretty! This is another reason why I passed on the gym last night - I wasn't feeling very comfortable at all. Of course I'm not expecting to ovulate given I didn't last round of Clomid but am charting my temperature all the same.

Anyway, I do feel as though I am able to go with the flow a lot more right now. That's the whole point of living in the Now. Somehow life makes sense again even if it is only on a daily basis.

No comments: